Old February 14th 14, 03:18 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default Do Boxed Intel CPUs come with heat sink compound/thermal grease,etc?

It's a looong time since I bought an Intel CPU. I just ordered a CPU and
mobo, and now I'm wondering whether I should have ordered heat sink
compound/thermal grease as well.

No, you don't need a separate heat sink compound. The boxed heatsink
comes with a thermal wax already stuck to the heatsink, which you can
use once, i.e. the very first time you install the processor. If for any
reason you need to remove the heat sink from the processor, then you
will need to apply new after-market heat sink compound.

Yousuf Khan