Old October 29th 03, 06:52 PM
Faeandar

I can't speak to the 9000 but I used a Vixel fiber hub in an early
adoption of tape san for NetApp. It had some vodoo code but it worked
fine and is still in use at my former employer today. I have no
complaints with them.

~F

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:43:08 GMT, "Sto RageŠ" wrote:

We are planning to setup a cheaper SAN using ATA based disk arrays from
NexSan for nearline/archive/disk based backup storage.
These NexSan's come with 2GB FC ports and hence wanted feedback on Vixel's
9000 fabric switch. How easy is it to configure and maintain? We anticipate
about 3 arrays and 2 hosts on one 8 port switch.
TIA
-G