Old June 25th 07, 08:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
- Bobb -

Default ethernet connection Compaq presario 1230

"hankus" wrote in message
I still use my old Compaq Presario with a wireless card

You have a wireless card ? ... Do you mean
1. a cell-phone type card ? or
2. wireless internet access ( like in public coffee shops - 802.11 ) ?

I am going to be in an apartment out of town for work for a few weeks
and would like to access the 'net but there is only an ethernet cable
setup in the room.The connection on the back of the laptop is a phone
type.

You ( the company) can buy a PCMCIA ethernet adapter ( PC card slot) for
cheap money, plug a cable into the PC card and the wall and you're all
set. Go to www.compusa.com or your alternate and search for " PCMCIA
ethernet adapter " - $20-$30

Thanks
Hank

If you know somone there now, you MIGHT find that a neighbor has a
wireless router that you could " use". Ask current occupant of the
apartment. ( Check - wireless connections - browse)