Old February 18th 04, 07:01 PM
Alien Zord

"Paul Hutchings" wrote in message
. 1.4...
I currently run a Matrox G450 with twin analog outputs.

One goes to my TFT, the other goes to my TV via s-video.

I'm looking at getting a 19" TFT and figured it'd be a good time to get a
video card with DVI outputs - I know matrox have a good rep for 2D but I
think 1280x1024 would probably show some loss of quality vs a DVI?

Anyway, one of the things I like about the matrox is that you tell it the
second output is being used as a TV-output and if you play a video/DVD the
only thing that gets output to the TV is the video signal, no desktop or
any extra junk.

Any suggestions on a cheap AGP card that does this? There seem to be a

load
of cheap ATI/Nvidia cards but I'm not sure how their video out works.. the
Matrox cards seem a little pricey in comparison.

Not into 3D games and if i do play them I tend to stick to 800x600 as
otherwise i seem to get motion sickness?!

My 17" NEC LCD 1280 x 1024 pixels is fed by Matrox G450eTV's analogue
output. I tried a more up to date card with DVI interface but it would not
allow colour temperature calibration so I went back to analogue. There was
absolutely no difference in display sharpness and quality between DVI and
analogue modes.