Old April 11th 11, 07:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_4_]

Default Dead e1505 question

On Apr 11, 10:17*am, "William R. Walsh" wrote:
Hi!

Just out of curiosity, have you tried powering the system without the
battery installed?

I don't think it's a problem with the battery or charging circuit. It
can't hurt to see, though. It really sounds like something on the
motherboard is shorted, overloading the DC-DC converter inside the
computer and causing the power brick to shut down.

If you want to fix it, I would start hitting eBay for replacement
motherboards. It may be cheaper to get a machine with a busted display
or something than to get a motherboard.

William

More to the point, a really EASY repair would involve getting a
working E1505 motherboard IN THE CHASSIS, swapping your screen,
keyboard, memory, hard drive, optical drive, and wifi card from the
dead system into the replacement chassis. Removing a dead motherboard
from and installing a new one into a chassis is a lot of extra grunt
work. I try to avoid it myself when I can, and I rip laptops to
shreds every day... Ben Myers