Old April 27th 10, 12:39 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers[_2_]

Default Sporger - has ruined this Gateway newsgroup

On 4/26/2010 3:21 PM, chicagofan wrote:
Postman Delivers wrote:
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:52:03 -0400, Joan F \(MI\) wrote:

I've switched to Toshiba laptops but still have the group on my list to
synch. My first laptop was a Gateway and I liked it a lot but had to
have the motherboard replaced and then started having problems again. I
think that it was overheating that killed it. The newer Toshibas seem
to run much cooler.

* * *

Thanks for correcting me, and my ISP Cox is closing access to newsgroup
on June 30th... I shall pay for outside service, as I live in the Usenet
and my www useage is Google search and maybe 20% of my computer time...

If you only need/want text newsgroups, eternal-september.org provides a
free Usenet service. I use it as a backup when my ISP news service is
doing maintenance. Like you I probably will lose my ISP provided service
in the near future.
bj

Been accessing this and other ngs with eternal-september for a number of
months. Seems to work OK... Ben Myers