Old August 10th 04, 08:40 AM
Steve Wolfe

* I would love to hear about the experiences of folks who are
successfully building network server appliances for various purposes.

I've built a number of 1U and 2U chassis over the years from componants,
and none of them have *ever* been a slick or nice as a SuperMicro. They
custom-build the chassis and motherboards to fit one another ideally, and
you just can't get that when you build one from generics. They're a bit
pricy, and unfortunately only carry Intel-based machines, but they are very
reliable, solid, well-designed, and well-built machines.

steve