Old August 22nd 04, 04:29 AM

Default Quick Restore CD

On Model 7594 windows kept developing errors. Disgusted I wiped out
hard disk and installed with a stand a lone copy of W98SE. Not a good
idea, the sysem works but very slow erratic and compaq files still on
system. Now need to fulll restore with the quick restore disk, but
there is a problem. There is no Compaq Support Quick icon on the
destop as it was deleted from the desktop when formatted. This folder
apparently is needed as it contained the quick restore icon whch
starts the quick restore disk to full restore the operating system. As
it now stands, the quick restorer disk is useless without this folder.
I have looked everywhere on the C: drive and these two programs cannot
be found: (1) quick restore icon and (2) compaq support icon folder.

Any edeas on how to use the quick restorer disk to get this machine
running would really be appreciated.

deerrr