Old October 23rd 12, 10:13 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
darklight

Default How many hard drives (and size) do you place in your build these days?

98 Guy wrote:

Yes wrote:

I'm curious. My builds usually have two hard drives (out of habit
I suppose) and one external HD for backup. Each HD is 500Gb; the
external HD (USB 2) is smaller. I prefer to keep data on a
separate HD from the O/S.

I usually have a single hard drive in my win-98 machines, size is 500 gb
or larger. One of my systems has a 750 gb and 1.5 tb drive.

I download a lot of music and movies from torrents and file-lockers, and
I will be adding a second drive to some of my systems.

I don't use external drives. Far easier to just temporarily attach a
drive to the internal SATA interface when necessary.

I have boxes of old hard drives 40 to 250 gb in size to use as spare or
temp storage.

Personally, I don't intend to use cloud based storage for my files,
but are you all going that route?

No - not even interested.

Cloud base storage is just an external hard drive that some one else
maintains!!!

What a difference it makes when you change a name of some thing.