Old May 29th 21, 06:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Nico Allen

Default What is hagaki paper?

On Saturday, April 7, 2007 at 9:24:34 AM UTC-5, Dot Net Developer wrote:
Bought a new printer. One of the paper settings is Hagaki. What is
this paper? What does it look like?
Also, I have some paper that is (intentionally) not smooth. I think
it may be called parchment paper, but I'm not sure about that. My new
printer doesn't have this paper type option, but it has many others.
Anyone recommend a paper setting for this type of paper?
Thanks a lot, regards, dnw.

Wow, talk about time travel, its 2021 and I'm asking the same question.

I did a little research and as most of you said Hagaki is a Japanese paper type normally 4 by 4 inches.
"Hagaki" means post card in Japanese.

I was running some test prints and it seems to print really well on FELT PAPER, MATTE LINEN, COATED LINEN and even METALLIC PAPER.
I used a Canon Pixma TS9020 Inkjet Printer. I'm very impressed with this mode, I never used it till today however be careful when using the the Inkjet Hagaki K vs Hagaki A as one seems to spread the in more and the other gives just enough.

Nico