Old March 21st 11, 09:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Greg Forschler

Default DVD drive vanishes after ejecting

On Mar 17, 12:47*am, smh wrote:
Greg Forschler wrote:

I have a new Lenovo Windows 7 desktop PC and every time I play a CD
and then eject it, the drive suddenly vanishes from device manager, so
if I put another CD in, it will not auto play, and the drive is not
listed under Computer, or device manager, or in File Explorer. If I
reboot it comes back, but only for the first time I put a CD in, and
does the same thing when I eject it.
Any ideas how to prevent it from vanishing from the system?

That's a strange problem. How about go into Device Manager and uninstall
the DVD drive and then reboot? Have you tried any of the options when
you right-click the DVD drive?

I have tried uninstalling and then rebooting to see if it found it. I
have to manually find it again, and then it works 1 time again, up
until it is ejected.
I don't know if it's a Win7 problem or a hardware problem. I've never
seen anything like this.