Old December 24th 03, 05:31 PM
Ben Pope

Peter Harrington wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I will try the 2500+ and an Ultra all copper fan
ULT32017.

I will still have to short out the two pins to unlock this chip?

If you get a locked Barton 2500+ there is no known way to unlock it. You
can up the FSB to 200MHz though, which will give you 2.2GHz (since the
multiplier is locked at 11) or a 3200+ if it gets there.

What you are referring to is not unlocking, it is changing the 5th bit of
the multiplier, which allows you to traverse the 12.5/13x multiplier
"boundary".

Ben