Old April 5th 06, 06:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Help - my rebate check expired

John Doe wrote:
David Maynard nospam private.net wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Granted, CPUs are difficult to return. But that wasn't this
troll's first assertion.

It's perfectly consistent with 'my first assertion'.

The original poster was talking about "a 450 watt power supply at
CompUSA", that's what you were replying to.

No, I was replying to you, back on Feb 22. What did you do? Spend half the
night searching 2 month old messages trying to find something to bitch about?

Once you apply for a rebate, you won't be able to return the
product.

... what in the world makes you think you're entitled to a rebate
"Once you apply" and to also return the item?

Where did that bizarre concoction come from?

Right straight from your bizarre concoction complaining you can't return
the thing once you've applied for a rebate.

So make up your silly mind before you cut up the thing.

But in fact you make up your mind even before you purchase the item,
given your consideration of the rebate.

Good. Then there's doubly no problem.

snip of babble

Applying for a rebate prevents you from returning the item.

So much for you making up your mind before you bought it, but then it was
only babble to begin with.

What makes you think you're entitled to the rebate and then also return it?