Old February 11th 04, 07:25 PM
Sverre Johnsen

Default Configuring sound card to old games

I've got an old portable Toshiba computer (Satellite 300 CDT), with a
soundcard named Yamaha OPL3-SAx. I've recently got hold of the old PC
game Doom2, but the game isn't able to produce any sound. Of course,
the setup to this game has no "Yamaha OPL3"-option on the soundcard.
So the question is, how shall I configure the soundcard setup to the
game in order to make the sound work? When choosing soundcards such as
Soundblaster, a lot of options on DMA channel, IRQ-something and more
appears, and I have no idea what to choose. Anyone who can help?

Sverre Johnsen