Old April 23rd 20, 06:27 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MissRiaElaine

Default Creating Recovery Drives

On 22/04/2020 21:30, Steve wrote:
On 20/04/2020 19:07, MissRiaElaine wrote:

See the Dell support site here
https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk...rs/osiso/WT64A

Well that is interesting!
I didn't know about that. I had a look for my old Inspiron 17R SE 7720
(shipped in October 2012) and there were no images or other options
available.
Then I had a look for my not-quite-as-old Latitude E5450 (shipped April
2016), and I had the option to download a Windows 8.1 image for manual
install.
So for a recent, still in warranty XPS 13 7390 laptop, I was given the
option to download a Windows 10 image, and have the hardware scanned,
backup the data, guided help, install critical drivers etc, etc! Or I
could just download the image and install it manually.
Good stuff!

It only gives you the option to install whatever was on the machine when
it left the factory, we have three Latitude E6430's here and all we get
offered is Win7, which is a fat lot of use given we use Linux..!!

I have downloaded the latest firmware updates though, they're easy to
install as all you need is a USB stick with FreeDOS on it.

--
Ria in Aberdeen