Old July 6th 03, 03:29 PM
HH

Deep,
Not citizenry, it's the damned lawyers. Shakespeare was right!!!

HH

"Deep" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I don't know about that... American's in general do have a tendancy to

"sue"
at the drop of a hat. Saw some show once that was comparing the number of
civil lawsuits and the US was the highest per capita. He may not have
phrased it well, but it's more right than wrong...

Deep

"Michael" wrote in message
And none too bright.Lousy comparison,if you took your car in for repairs
with custom equiptment and found it replaced with standard,I think you'd

be
a little ticked off.And his crack about Americans shows him to be a

typical
bigot.
"Deep" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Whoa... A little angry there dude? ;-)

Deep

"johnnyx" wrote in message
. ..
Stop ****ing crying about your RAM. Should have removed it first.

When
you
bring your car to the garage for repairs, do you leave money in the

trunk?
Your response to sue is typical American. Haven't you wasted enough

time
already? Get a life looser. Did you ever kiss a girl????

"Rick" wrote in message
Try to send this info on you problem to PC World magazine On Your

Side
at
the following
"Martian" wrote in message
om...
My new Compaq laptop developed a serious problem in March, and I

ended
up sending it back for repairs after hours on the phone. They
replaced the M-board, and when they returned it, they had

removed
my
RAM upgrade. I e-mailed them about it and was told "the right

amount
of RAM is installed." Then I e-mailed and got no response.

Then
called and we've spoken over the phone repeatedly ever since.

Compaq
has spent way more than the $100 I spent on the RAM on phone

calls!

I was just advised that their repair facility says they "did

return
the RAM to the customer" and closed their case and they refuse

discuss it further! I still do not have my RAM! I would tell

anyone
seriously considering buying a Compaq or HP to buy a Dell. We

have
had excellent service from Dell with our desktop. Compaq has

taken
my
property and apparently has no intention of returning it. I

suspect
small claims court is my only recourse at this point.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks.