Old January 23rd 04, 02:03 AM
Smith

You cant do full bleed borderless with a 7150 only with 4 X 6 and then you
have to trim the tab off
You can print to A4 with VERY small borders except the trailing edge but
even that should be mininmal

"Trev" wrote in message

"Jay" wrote in message

"Trev" wrote in message

Nearly all printers have minimum margins As they need to hold the

paper
square whilst its printed And I believe they only mention borderless

6 x
4
Now they latest claim borderless A4 but I don't have one so I can

not
say

HP Readme for 5550
A4
left and right margins 0.134 in.
top .07in.
bottom .46 in

Hi,

It's not that I'm kvetching about the minimum border of the 7150, but

that
its driver adds a full half inch to whatever border you've already set

in
the software. For instance, on an 8x11 text page with 1 inch margins,

this
printer will add an additional half inch to the bottom -- even though

it's
clearly not needed for the printer to hold the paper.

You can see some examples in this review:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...p7350_pg3.html

That does not say anything about 8x11 but anyhow In the properties for
my printer on the layout tab is a borderless button. This opens another
dialogue where 6x4 with tab or 6x4 without can be selected. And a few
more. Might be worth a look