Old April 28th 06, 07:51 AM posted to comp.arch.storage

Default Cost of storage calculator?

So one example that we got from the vendor was something along the
following lines... sort of an ROI calculator (my original topic)...

In this case, the company was addng about 25 - 50TB a month of new
data... the company uses an FA960e (which costs about 225K with out any
shelves populated) and can host about 84TB max (raw space... logical
space when taking RAID1 into consideration is much lower... around
50TB)....

So for a company with growth like that, I guess such a product would
make sense? I guess... based on your comments Bill and Faeandar, would
it be accurate to say that reducing the amount of storage entering the
primary storage is only valuable if the company has a huge growth rate
of new data?

/l