Old April 27th 06, 06:09 PM posted to comp.arch.storage

Default Cost of storage calculator?

To add to my question Bill... I guess what I am getting at is... while
cost of storage itself is decreasing, isnt it the case that the amount
of storage an enterprise consumes is generally on a rapid increase?
And that offsets the decrease in the cost of storage...

So the product (storewiz) we are evaluating is one that would optimize
drastically (up to 60%) of the data entering the primary storage
servers...

The value proposition is that having less data implies less overall
costs wrt hardware and management.... and we for example dont have a
steady amount of data... its always (every quarter) growing by many
gigs (if not TBs)

/l