Old November 11th 06, 12:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Citizen Bob

Default Corrupt NTFS filesystem

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 15:20:34 GMT, (Citizen Bob) wrote:

I have gone several days without any corruption. I have cycled all
three cloned disks. This is why I do not believe it's the removable
drive bays.

Now it's Nov. 11, and still no corruption NTFS partition.

The only significant change I can think of was making the pagefile
smaller - 512MB/1.5GB.

I have cycled all three removable hard disks, so it is not the
removeable bays causing the problem. At least I avoided that merry
chase.

Why does a larger pagefile cause a corrupt NTFS volume? I still
believe its tied in with those two devices per hard disk partition.

I am a bit surprised that no one has been able to figure out what is
causing two devices to show up for each partition. It sounds like
something to do with mirroring. There is a special kind of mounting
scheme used for mirroring but I forgot its name. Maybe that's what's
going on - the partition is being used in this special way.

--

"First and last, it's a question of money. Those men who own the earth
make the laws to protect what they have. They fix up a sort of fence or