Old April 13th 06, 03:15 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default Where do I stang legaly with faulty goods I hve?

Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Nick Le Lievre wrote:
Mikey wrote:
I purchased a Pocket PC (Mio-168) Online.

Used my credit card

I have had the item under 2 weeks and it is starting to play up.

I contacted the vendor and they said that under their T&C after
14days I have to send it back to the manufacturer.

Well I`m in a similar situation now as that TV I had delivered
yesterday by Parcelforce from dabs.com started playing up again and
the vertical line which appeared the first time I turned on the TV
has become permanent along with another one next to it
http://nicklelievre.redirectme.net/faultyTV.jpg its funny but the
face on the TV is nearly as ugly as the fault itself. Kinda somes up
how I feel - I could do with a free bottle of wine from David
Athertons wine but it wouldn't be much of a kind gesture right now
lol
dabs.com customer service emailed me last night to say they couldn't
price match the repaired TV to the price they were doing for on March
17th and would I wish to procede with a refund I guess this is
becuase they had to take into account the cost of collection and
return to manufacturer + when they realised they could sell repaired
ones (as they sold 8 at the reduced price) it didn't make business
sense. They weren't aware that I'd actually recieved the TV and were
replying to my query due to the Parcelforce/Customs delay.

So now I have emailed them asking how they wish to proceed next I
would obviously prefer to avoid another delay and would like the
repaired TV at the price they are doing for now if they match the
warranty to the TV I just paid full price for and if they are not
prepared to do this price match it to the lower price they initially
refused and provide the 90 day warranty. Alternatively collect the TV
and refund... I`m not really bothered if the TV is repaired as long
as it works and I have the warranty I paid for.

They may email me back to say that if my TV is repaired it will only
have a 90 day warranty with them in which case I would of been better
to purchase the repaired one when I had the chance and saved the £ 5.
If I`m not happy with this will probably just collect the TV and
provide a refund. Seeing as they are going to lose on this deal
anyway I think there are times when money isn't the most important
thing but I can see how in this situation they could lose many
customers. They haven't replied to any of my latest emails yet which
would frustrate even the most hard core dabs.com customer but its an
honest service and none of this is really they're fault its not mine
either unless you blame me for buying a TV this cheap but I bought a
new one so hoped to avoid just this problem (seeing as the other new
one I got worked).

I just received a RMA from dabs.com to pick it up at the earliers available
date Tuesday 18th April so I guess they will refund the return delivery
costs if charged to my credit card and that will be the end of it. On a side
note does anyone if I can transfer a credit on my credit card balance back
into my band account as I paid my credit card bill online yesterday when I
thought the TV was ok.

I`m tempted to blow a few hundred more on the Acer 32" HDTV - anychance of a
sizeable discount ? It would save me having to transfer the credit from my
card when I have it.

--
Jersey, Channel Islands
http://nicklelievre.redirectme.net