Old January 21st 20, 12:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default PCI-Z scan shows firewire 1394 on winfast NF4SK8AA motherboard ?WTF ?

On Friday, January 17, 2020 at 2:22:02 AM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
wrote:
Oh motherboard manual does mention it as optional... maybe it's on the motherboard, but no firewire connector on back i/o plate ?

Could also be a lie and it's actually a spy chip or something, weird.

Back i/o plate does not show any firewire connectors..

Bye,
Skybuck.

There could be a header on the motherboard for Firewire.

Check the lower left corner of the motherboard. The manual
says there could be two headers in that corner. If the
option is not installed, those headers will be missing
and not soldered into place. Notice that when doing
a text search in Adobe Acrobat, the "1394" string cannot
be found, even though the text is on PDF page number 12.

And they don't have to provide an I/O plate if they
don't want to.

It's indeed soldered off, so no pins, no headers.

It's so weird, why would they do this ?

If there was firewire on it then I would probably have experimented with it =D

Bye,
Skybuck.