Old January 31st 08, 09:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Dell PA-10 ac adapter center pin

I think the easiest solution is to get a sample from Dallas of their
1Kbit eprom, program it with the dump that Robert's shown above and
see if it works, I have ordered a sample and will try this out, will
report back If it works. I broke down and bought a replacement adapter
it seems ebay has them for around $ 20, but would still like to get my
original working again, pretty sneaky of Dell to do this but I guess
they will just claim they were trying to ensure that bad adapters do
not harm the battery :-)

On Jan 28, 7:49*am, ejay wrote:
Mine didn't appear to have the zener anywhere. Thecenterpinof the
barrel plug was wired straight to one of the pins of the DS2105. So the
IC has no protection whatsoever, be it from overvoltage or static
electricity.

I'm also curious if anyone has found a way to bypass this problem.
Conceivable methods might include modifications to the motherboard, or a
hacked BIOS. Let me know if you have a solution.

'Ejay' (http://ejay.com.au)