Old July 29th 10, 07:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Timothy Daniels[_3_]

Default need a new charger

"RnR" wrote:
Timothy Daniels wrote
"Snoker Wead" wrote:
for my studio 1737 laptop. beside dell, who else is recommended
for replacement

thnx

In February I went with www.PowerBrixx.com in North Carolina
because they offered the same Dell model power adapter as Dell
supplied to replace the original one when it crapped out after one
week of use. It's the latest miniature size that doesn't dwarf the
laptop, and it's been working ever since without a problem. With
PowerBrixx I didn't have to get the larger adapter that was half
the size of the laptop or get one of those "compatibles" or "just
as good as" generic models. They offer a combination of wide
selection of quality power adapters and "low-ish" prices, and I'm
happy with my purchase.

*TimDaniels*

Where were you when I asked before grin? It's about the double the
price of what I paid but as you said, it's Dell branded and had I found
this place earlier, I probably would have bought from this vendor. Next
time, I'll check these guys out closer.

Looking at my billing statement from PowerBrixx, the PA-21 65 watt
AC adapter XK850 cost me $25 plus $6.66 shippping to L.A. There
were a couple places which sold an adapter that was very similar, but
they didn't have the right-angle configuration of the AC power cord as it
entered the brick. The Dell-supplied item did have that, and it made coiling
the cord for storage in my briefcase much easier, so that was the deciding
feature in my selection of the adapter from PowerBrixx. I figured that it
wasn't worth going with anything else just to save five dollars. I like wide
selection and quality probably more than the average buyer, and these guys
fit my retail buying taste.

*TimDaniels*