Old May 11th 05, 05:39 PM
T. Waters

"At the same time, you (in the US) are not an OEM just by getting an OEM
disk
from an OEM, you are an OEM if you have an OEM agreement with MS,
otherwise you're *just an end-user of OEM software*."
While there may seem to be no OEM in this arrangement, the end-user is the
OEM by default, and responsible for their own support. Since the end-user
and the OEM are the same entity in this case, all the complicated rules
governing their relationship are not only irrevant, but null and void. One
cannot sue oneself for breach of contract, after all.

Leythos wrote:
In article ,
says...
You cannot
have MS (nor youself) further elaborate them in scope or
terms after that contract is made.

Actually, I can ask MS to clarify it in order to see what / where they
are going or wanted to go, but it only matters to me as a means to
understand what they wanted to do, not what I'm (or anyone) is bound
to.

What's funny, is that to be an OEM you are bound to more than just the
EULA, and the OEM site is setup for OEM's and to allow people to
become OEM's, and the site contains specifics about what they
consider. At the same time, you (in the US) are not an OEM just by
getting an OEM disk from an OEM, you are an OEM if you have an OEM
agreement with MS, otherwise you're just an end-user of OEM software.

So, one could reason that if you've read the OEM documents, signed on
to be an OEM so that you could order directly from the MS OEM program
(and not another OEM), that you would already know what MS has
defined for it's definitions. You do realize that purchasing OEM
software from an OEM does not make you an OEM, it only makes you a
purchaser of OEM software.