Old July 1st 03, 05:00 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

The FAQ is authoritative.

Even when it is "quite dated"?
Even when it has "significant" errors?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Hit&Run)
Subject: Lead in and Lead out
Date: 5/24/02

I've posted privately to Andy on the FAQ section.

It is quite dated (Win95 and NT) and has significant errors
based on my understanding.

I have not gone into specifics on the errors with Andy
======================

(Did you talk to Andy about the weather, Mikey?)

======================
From: "ned ludd"
Date: 5/28/02

"Mike Richter" (Lying Scum) wrote

I've posted privately to Andy on the FAQ section. It is quite dated
(Win95 and NT) and has significant errors based on my understanding. An
essential omission for this Subject is the role of the leadout/runout in
a reader. A CD-ROM (or audio) drive needs the runout to read the session
at all. That's where about 10 MB go. If you only want to read the disc
in a writer, don't close the session, save the space and find yourself a
fraction of a cent richer.

Not in my experience. An audio disc without a leadout (produced by the
few buffer underruns I've had) will read in ANY player up to the point
where the data ends provided it was burned DAO. Failed data discs burned
DAO will behave similarly, any complete files will be readable in any
reader.