Old August 16th 04, 04:02 PM
Stuffed

"lordy" wrote in message
.. .
Arg. a simple CPU fan change has cost me lots of money and time.

I think I blew an 850 playing around with fans. But after buying another, I
then noticed I hadn't put any memory in the board either, so I'm not sure
now (never fart about with your PC at 3am just because you can't sleep).

Anyway,

Pending a memory upgrade , my brothers PC has an

AMD XP 2400+ running at 100FSB,

It will now post but it wont boot into windows. OR into my trusty Knoppix
CD (I have CDROM on the boot list)

mobo is ECS K7S5A. Any ideas?

As others have said, run the CPU at the right FSB, if only because otherwise
what's the point?

What actually happens once it's past POST? Does it restart, hang, beep, wave
a banner of protest whilst chanting?