Old September 18th 14, 06:02 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
T i m

Default Epson Expression Home XP-215 WiFi connection problems.

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 07:47:29 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
wrote:

snip

So, my question is, has anyone played with this actual printer and at
any point was there any WiFi setup / configuration utility or wizard
(that may have only been available on the supplied CD, that of course
they cannot find now) or does it rely on WPS working first before any
such tool can work? Chicken and egg though eh. ;-(

I don't know why you are obfuscating a MAC address of a printer, like that
makes a difference.

shrug

I haven't setup an Epson Expression Home XP-215, the closest was a Epson
Expression Premium XP-810 but it is similar as setup is done via the front
panel.

Unfortunately, this one doesn't have such a front panel setup. ;-(

Based upon what you have written I suggest obtaining a COTS SOHO WiFi Router
with 4-port E-Switch and a separate DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem or a COTS SOHO
WiFi Router with 4-port E-Switch that has a built-it DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem.

To make it work with a Cable ISP all one has to do is register the Cable
Modem's MAC address with the Cable ISP.

Unfortunately it's not for me and they don't have a lot of money to
throw at this. If they did have to buy something it would probably be
a new printer with a front panel for setup or a basic cable router and
disable the router in the supplied modem / router.

I don't know how it is done in Europe but in the states, some Cable ISP's
charge a monthly rental fee. By owning a COTS Cable Modem or Cable
Modem+Router there is no rental fee on ISP provided equipment.

I think they paid a 'one-off' fee of 50GBP to get the SuperHub2 and
it's installation and there is no additional rental cost. It's also
covered by them if it goes wrong.

Cheers, T i m