Old September 27th 11, 06:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Peter Dassow

Default Problems with NVIDIA grafic driver and Windows 7 x64

On 21.09.2011 15:03, Dr. Heiko Muenkel wrote:

But there's another misterious thing, I've on my computer. The program
dxdiag shows DirectX 11 as DirectX version - and I think that Windows 7
has included always this version - but the nvidia control programm shows
the line "Microdoft DirectX 10.0 (6.1.7600.16385)" under "Performance",
"View system information".

Does anyone else see this difference on his system?

Your GT 420 card is not capable to support DX11 (reason: hardware), only
DX10. So this might be the reason nvidia control panel shows DX10, and
parts of Windows 7 shows DX11, because Windows 7 started with DX11 support.

Regards
Peter