Old June 3rd 09, 07:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
pawihte[_2_]

Default RAM prices going up?

"Paul" wrote in message
pawihte wrote:
Memory prices seem to have gone up recently here in India. Do
you see the same trend in other countries? I ask here because
checking online prices myself now wouldn't tell me anything as
I haven't checked them in recent months.

There is one graph here, which shows three months of chip
pricing.
DDR2 has gone up 50% in three months. But demand should still
be mushy for the rest of the year. I think the difference is
caused
by a supply side correction. Perhaps Quimonda is no longer
making
RAM ?

http://www.dramexchange.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qimonda

Thanks, Paul. That was very helpful. Being involved in a
high-tech field in one of the most remote corners of India can be
very frustrating at times (been in electronics for about 40 yrs),
when the whole country itself lags behind western countries in
many things.