Old March 8th 17, 03:12 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Boris[_5_]

Default How to print a file from the command line? Epson, Brother

Char Jackson wrote in
:

On Tue, 07 Mar 2017 17:14:31 -0500, micky
wrote:

Is there a command line that would print one picture from my files
using an Epson printer?
a Brother printer?

I should have thought of this earlier, but I need something to keep
the ink jet printers from drying out while I'm gone. Isn't 11 weeks
enough time to do that?

I thought I'd make a bat file that would run once a month that would
print, I guess, the same photo each time, but it's only 2 copies.

TIA

I recently did this for a friend. I created a basic task in Task
Scheduler, set it to run every Monday morning at 10:00 AM, and entered
this command string:

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /k /n "EPSON Stylus Photo R220
Series"

Where, obviously, her printer name is "EPSON Stylus Photo R220 Series"

You can test it by running it from a cmd prompt, inserting your
printer instead of her Epson.

Worked great on my "Brother HL-2270DW series" printer. Printed a test
page from this XP machine over my home network to the wireless Brother
in another room.

In fact, just run "rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /?" from a cmd
prompt to get a pop-up window with all of the possible command line
switches. You'll see what /k and /n really mean.

Cool.

The full command prints a standard printer test page rather than an
image or other document. As for the frequency of the print, that's
what she wanted. I think weekly might be too often. The standard test
page doesn't use a whole lot of ink, especially colored ink, so I
thought it would be a good choice. Plus, that 'document' is always
available and can't be deleted since it's built in, so there's some
safety there.