Old March 7th 17, 10:23 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Paul[_28_]

Default How to print a file from the command line? Epson, Brother

micky wrote:
Is there a command line that would print one picture from my files using
an Epson printer?
a Brother printer?

I should have thought of this earlier, but I need something to keep the
ink jet printers from drying out while I'm gone. Isn't 11 weeks enough
time to do that?

I thought I'd make a bat file that would run once a month that would
print, I guess, the same photo each time, but it's only 2 copies.

TIA

The cartridges should cap themselves when in the parked position.
Something has to cover the orifices, or they'd clog even faster
than that.

I use mine less frequently than that, and don't have a problem.

If I print once a year, the cartridges might clog after
about four years or so.

Some printer brands, if you leave them powered (whether it's
USB power or a line cord), and the LED is on, the printer
will "purge" itself about once a day. By the time you get
back from your trip, the carts would be pumped dry. So
that's not exactly a "cheap" option. That's maintenance
to an impractical level.

Paul