Old May 16th 08, 07:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Is it an overheat or power supply problem?

Hi!

charter.net

Ben, you might want to know about:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05...er_and_nebuad/

temperature, say somewhere in the 120's Fahrenheit.

My Latitude D800 at 100% CPU utilization can make 159 degrees (F).
It's only ever shut down when I left the lid closed overnight. (Long
story...it was running a backup at the time...)

Despite the fact that these computers used mostly desktop
P4s and some desktop Celeries, they are pretty decent
when allowed to run cool.

I hope they weren't P4 Prescotts! If they were, I'm going to cringe. I
know how the huge fan in my Dim8300 could get to simply roaring on a
hot summer's day (and that was in a lightly air conditioned room).

William