Old January 18th 19, 03:45 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
J. P. Gilliver (John)[_2_]

Default Lengthen the life of Windows 7 using the legal system

In message , Paul
writes:
Char Jackson wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 23:07:23 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
wrote:

In message 20190117090848.50d76286@milospc, Johnny
writes:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 22:37:21 +0800
"Mr. Man-wai Chang" wrote:

Can a class-action suit be filed to US Court to force Micro$oft to
extend its support for Windows 7?
I doubt it; I can't see how any company can be obliged to continue
supporting an obsolete product, unless they were foolish enough to
ever promise to do so. I would say it's like expecting Ford to
continue to support the Model T, but I have a feeling they do.

snip
One might wonder what's obsolete about Windows 7, and who gets to
make
the determination in the first place? It certainly doesn't seem obsolete
to me. In fact, it seems to be much more functional and stable than 10,
although that opinion isn't universal.

Obsolete was the wrong word. I meant the company that makes it is no
longer selling it. Microsoft have always behaved as if their latest was
best - would be a massive loss of face for them to backtrack. The only
way out when they _have_ nailed their colours to a dud, in the past, has
been to bring out the next one. But with their statement that 10 will
be/is the last Windows, combined with their new (for 10) upgrade policy,
they can't do that now.

I don't even think it needs to be compared to Windows 10.
As Windows 10 is just full of circus tricks.

If you need basic functionality supporting modern APIs,
Windows 7 has most everything you might profit from.

Indeed.

Paul

--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf