Old January 18th 19, 12:01 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Char Jackson

Default Lengthen the life of Windows 7 using the legal system

On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 23:07:23 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
wrote:

In message 20190117090848.50d76286@milospc, Johnny
writes:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 22:37:21 +0800
"Mr. Man-wai Chang" wrote:

Can a class-action suit be filed to US Court to force Micro$oft to
extend its support for Windows 7?

I doubt it; I can't see how any company can be obliged to continue
supporting an obsolete product, unless they were foolish enough to ever
promise to do so. I would say it's like expecting Ford to continue to
support the Model T, but I have a feeling they do.

snip

One might wonder what's obsolete about Windows 7, and who gets to make
the determination in the first place? It certainly doesn't seem obsolete
to me. In fact, it seems to be much more functional and stable than 10,
although that opinion isn't universal.