Old January 17th 19, 11:07 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
J. P. Gilliver (John)[_2_]

Default Lengthen the life of Windows 7 using the legal system

In message 20190117090848.50d76286@milospc, Johnny
writes:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2019 22:37:21 +0800
"Mr. Man-wai Chang" wrote:

Can a class-action suit be filed to US Court to force Micro$oft to
extend its support for Windows 7?

I doubt it; I can't see how any company can be obliged to continue
supporting an obsolete product, unless they were foolish enough to ever
promise to do so. I would say it's like expecting Ford to continue to
support the Model T, but I have a feeling they do.

I could see a company being prevented from deliberately _breaking_ an
existing product, however. But you're going to need powerful lawyers,
and possibly even a change in the law, to force that through.

I do NOT think Windows 10 is ready for the prime time, it's update is
absolutely as horrifying as a data doomsday.

It will never be ready. it will only get worse.

I was perfectly happy running Windows 7, then Microsoft started
deliberately destroying its operating system. I have never understood
why a company would do this.

As well as "to make you buy the new one", it's so they can put an end
date on supporting the old one, which costs them money and brings in no
income for them. I'm not supporting them in this, of course.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)Ar@T+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

he was eventually struck off by the BMA in 1968 for not knowing his gluteus
maximus from his humerus.