Old August 4th 17, 01:51 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Neil[_5_]

Default HP Officejet 4630 prints test page but not pdf file.

On 8/3/2017 10:06 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 17:41:39 -0400, Neil
wrote:

On 8/3/2017 2:31 PM, micky wrote:
In comp.periphs.printers, on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 18:03:36 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

micky wrote:

he can print a test page but he can't print a pdf file.
Any idea why not?

To do a test print, he'd presumably be looking under
Settings/devices/printers at the officejet?

More like Devices and Printers, Printer Properties for his printer,
Print Test Page.

However if a different printer was set as the default, he might not
realise where the pdf prints were going to ...

No, I was doing the printing and I checked each time which printer it
was going to.

He only has one real printer. There are those 3 thingst come with
windows, Microsoft Print to PDF, Microsoft XPS Document WRiter, and Fax,
but I printed 4 times using only the actual printer.

If none of the 4 attempts resulted in a print, you may want to check
that the password and log-in for the printer is set correctly.

I doubt if he has a password. I've printed things via Teamviewer before
and I don't think he had one, and I dont' think he needs one. If that
were the problem, shouldn't I get an error message? I get nothing
back.

If you haven't set up a password, then you won't be able to print to the
printer. The printer uses its own WiFi and internet connections, and the
only way to access it is via the printer's internal security settings.

--
best regards,

Neil