Old December 4th 08, 08:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.programming
Paul

Default HD/CPU/RAM timeline

Industrial One wrote:
On Dec 4, 6:19 am, kony wrote:
On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 21:16:08 -0800 (PST), Industrial One

wrote:
Where can I get a summary that lists the history of HD space/CPU speed
from 1965-present?

You either don't need to know or are asking us to do your
homework for you. Either way, the question is unrealistic,

You wouldn't need to do any homework unless you're as clueless as I
am.

in '65 punchcards were still being used, hard drives were
very crude and luxurious at that point in time.

Your point?

Start with a kickoff article like this. Look for links inline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...uting_hardware

There is some stuff here on IBM storage devices. For
example, 1965 was about 7.25MB. But that is for mainframes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_350#IBM_350

I think in 1982 or so, I might have had a 10MB drive, which
was full height. Not nearly as slim as modern drives.
Sort of like the item in this project. So this
is personal computing. I was able to store 2 years
of work on that drive, because most of what we did
could be stored as small text files.

http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/SASI/SASI_Hard_Drive.htm

Paul