Old December 19th 03, 09:14 AM
James

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 02:44:05 GMT, "Bitsbucket"
wrote:

Header says it all, I overclocked my 2500+ Barton core to 3200+ speed by
upping the FSB to 200MHz. This results in about a 5 to 7 degree C increase
in diode temp. Should it go THAT much higher? I am using an Antec fan I
picked up at Circuit City, has a copper plate for the bottom and VERY fine
fins, fan around 2800 rpm.
BUT it dosen't matter if I use that fan or a MONSTER solid copper job with a
fan from hell, (read LOUD) runs about 7K rpm. I just can't figure out how to
get the temps down, Vcore is stock, cover is off the side, 1 incoming fan
and 3 exhaust fans. When I put my hand near the CPU I can feel the heat!
There has got to be something better, I know I'm negating the intake and
exhaust fans with the cover off, but I don't think it will be any better
with the cover on (or maybe it would?????) ambient temp is around 70 deg F
in the room, celing fan running so there is plenty of air movement in the
room...........any ideas? I just set the clock back to 2500+ and now I'm
running 45 to 47 deg C on the diode........at 3200+ it runs around 49 to 52
C (all temps are at idle, unless I run something then it jumps to the higher
numbers)
What is too hot? 60C is what I'm thinking that is why I don't like those 52
and even some 56 C when something intensive is running....
TIA
Bitsbucket

Like dino, I have a 2500+ at 3200+ speed with temps in high 30's at
idle and mid 40's at 100% load. That's a fair representation of all 5
A7N8X-D in the house except 1 is watercooled and stays at 36c to 38c
nomatter what it does. All have enermax PS which pulls air from above
cpu and exausts it. All the aircooled comps are pretty much balanced
for fan intake and exhaust and cables moved that would restrict air
movement.

With the above being said, I suspect a dead space for air movement
around your cpu. What type of case and where are the fans located.
Do you have a bottom fan on the PS.