Old June 11th 18, 02:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Upgrading USB 2 to USB 3 ports on a computer case

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 07:04:15 -0000 (UTC), "Yes"
wrote:

Buying stuff through Amazon definitely is a Caveat Emptor. Sometimes
prices are good, sometimes ridiculously overpriced. I check it out for
non-computer goods, mainly grocer store type canned and dry goods. I
have a sweet tooth and the pricing for those type of goods may be up to
2.5 times higher than what I would pay for at the grocer in person.
Recently I bought a Honeywell floor fan. Amazon's prices were $22+.
The price for the same model at Target and Walmart was $12. I'm
debating with myself whether to subscribe to Amazon Prime for their
digital content. So, I will buy stuff at Amazon, but only after making
sure that I don't find cheaper prices for the merchandise at another
vendor.

My apologies about the rant. I can see Amazon's appeal, especially
shipping, but I no longer automatically think of Amazon as offering the
best prices for goods. As you point out, caveat emptor.

No apologies for me. I can't see it anymore. Too many times up and
around making mountains from molehills in investing. They're all so
many tools to a modern world of mercantilism. A whole WEB of them.
Integrals, such as Amazon, among several if not too few whereby to
drill for the very best possible, from a widest array of solutions
presented, at the very least possible inconvenience to your wallet. A
true capitalist is an élitist -- one who _knows_ better (than anyone
else);- he's apt to be found in search of another, a lesser being
willing to play _his_ game: All it takes to tango is a willingness to
meet him and put up the money behind where your big mouth is.

Count me out. Although I _do_ irrevocably know that I can do again,
what I do not know is why, particularly, I should invest for the sake
of continued investment;- Ergo sum: to not longer be the player, I
must then be a spec, a mote, beneath even a mere fly on a wall. ;-0