Old January 25th 17, 06:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
B00ze

Default Overclock 6700K Max Temps Prime95 Small FFT

On 2017-01-24 19:35, hanky liu wrote:

I have my 6700k at 4.5, I just use the xtu and tweak the memory timing and multiplier. When I run adobe media encoder or matlab sim, both keep the CPU at 95-100%, for couple hours at the time, my CPU temp doesn't go over 70.. and voltage is around 1.21-1.29 ish.... I have an Itx case with 980ti which the gpu generates more heat than anything other components..

I'd have to try those - I don't have them, but if I run OCCT in CPU mode
then I stay around 70C (LinPack mode climbs to 88C). It really depends
on the stress program you use. I will install HandBrake next and try
that on a 4K video; apparently your overclock could be 100% stable and
still crash in HandBrake with a large video...

Regards,

--
! _\|/_ Sylvain /
! (o o) Memberavid-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society