Old April 6th 04, 09:55 PM
Anonymous Jack

(davy) wrote in message . com...
Can anyone offer me advice on purchasing the best all round pc
troubleshooting
book, I don't want a book with alot of theory , just straight to the
point symptoms and answers. Thankyou.

There's a ton of free troubleshooting information on the Web - some of
it is specific to particular brands or models. For example, DellTalk
is a forum for Dell owners to discuss problems; there are a couple of
IBM forums (a couple of groups are devoted entirely to IBM
Thinkpads!).

That would be my recommendation both for troubleshooting specific
problems, and for learning general computer troubleshooting methods
(symtoms and probable causes).

Heck, just browse through this newsgroup - you'll see that people are
posting symptoms, and others are posting possible things to look at.