Old July 22nd 03, 01:18 AM
Deep

Perhaps so but that is irrelevant for this particular case. There are good
examples and there are bad examples. It happens in all industries across the
board...

Deep

"Irene" wrote in message
Not necessarily true.

If the defect results in a federally mandated recall, it is more than

likely
it will be covered whether your car is in warranty or not.

Mind you, I am not implying this should apply to a computer. But on the
other hand the computer companies should make more of an attempt to

correct
defective computers than they currently do.

"David B." wrote in message
I have to agree with Deep on this issue, warranties begin and warranties

end, period. If you get warranty service a couple months
after expiration consider yourself lucky, but expecting it after 2 years

is unreasonable. Automobiles are built with defects all the
time, notices are issued called TSB's (technical service bulletins) and

if
your vehicle is still under warranty and you have a
problem stated in a TSB, it will be covered, if your car is a year old

and
you have a problem stated in a TSB, the repair is coming
out of your pocket.

"Deep" wrote in message

e.rogers.com...
So you think all companies should warranty their products for life?

You've
got to be joking. We all know your positions on this stuff Dale, and I

don't
think I'm being unreasonable here. If you had something break 2 years

after
the warranty dies on it AND you decided not to get the extended

warranty,
I'm sorry, you are SOL. Now if it was a reoccuring problem that the

person
experienced during the warranty period and it happened 2 months and

not
2
years after the end of the warranty, then I would agree. On this case

think it's a load of bull. I've NEVER expected ANY company to do that

for me
and this is not all because I'm Pro-Compaq. This is common sense.

Deep

"DEJ57" wrote in message

All I've got to say is IT'S 3 YEARS OLD! Buy a dell, IBM, Toshiba

without
extended warranty and let's see what they do for you 3 years after.

You
are
being extremely unreasonable with the whole "Not sure why Compaq/HP

isn't
taking better care of their customers." That's a load of bull...

I couldn't disagree more. If it really is a problem due to poor
engineering,
examples abound with companies that stand up and take their lumps

with
various
recalls to repair problems past the warranty period. Although not
faultless,
auto industry as one example. I've always thought highly and are

more
likely
to purchase again from companies that take "the extra mile" rather

than
look
for any excuse not to be of service.

Dale