Old December 20th 14, 04:35 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Al Drake

Default Bad CMOS Battery

On 12/19/2014 10:58 PM, MrTsquare wrote:
After buying a couple of 2032 cmos batteries last year to replace the
one in my 5-year old build. I sprung for a new build including an ASUS
Z97Pro series motherboard. Put that together in August 2014. recently,
the new build began losing time, ie the time would continue to display
the time that the system was last turned off. After resetting it a few
times and playing with the choice of Internet Time servers displayed in
Win7, I finally replaced the alledgedly 4 month old CMOS battery. Life
is good and now time marches on. ONLY 4 MONTHS ON A CMOS BATTERY??

T2

I have been having the same problem with the ones I use at work. I have
them installed in electronic measuring devices and they just don't last
as long as they use to.

http://www.amazon.com/Panther-Power-.../dp/B002T8Q5EQ