Old March 6th 07, 02:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Pete[_3_]

Default psu upgrade

Thanks Ben. You've been a big help! I have an nVidia Quadro AGP display
adaptor here and it would be great to get the power I need from this system
rather than to buy an entire new one when all I really need is more power
for the card.

Pete

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
I haven't looked at these in a while, but the power supply dimensions are
one of
the standard form factors. For sure, it is an ATX12v standard power
connector,
so measure the dimensions of the PSU and also the distances between the
mounting
screw holes. Then match up a replacement... Ben Myers

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 01:46:45 GMT, "Pete" wrote:

The Evo model number is:

D15C /P2.4/40/k/256c

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
. ..
Which model of Evo? The tower models use fairly standard ATX12v power
supplies. The smaller models do not... Ben Myers

On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 15:45:31 GMT, "Pete" wrote:

I have a Compaq Evo and would like to upgrade the power supply to 420W
or
more. Is this possible or are the power supplies proprietary?

Thanks
Pete