Old February 5th 06, 09:18 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Spyware

I'm not familiar at all with Spy Doctor. I'm also not clear on exactly what
you are doing... Deleting everything in Documents & Settings??? That deletes
all the profiles except the one that is active....

My recommendation to folks is to get Spy Sweeper (WebRoot). Excellent
program. Costs anywhere from $30 to $0 depending the deals. It is a
subscription service. Best part is it is updated very frequently (code &
sigs) and it blocks spy/malware before it is installed. Also blocks attempts
to add auto starting programs and browser hijacks.

Of course, I also have Ad Aware (Lavasoft) and Spybot Search & Destroy as
added sweepers. Since I added Spy Sweeper, neither has found anything other
than an occasional tracking cookie....

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

Aspasia wrote in message
Yo, experts -

A knowledgeable friend recommended Spy Doctor,
so I went to their Web site and downloaded it. Then
I tried to BUY it, which they said was necessary to remove the
viruses, etc. that it detects, cookies, etc. but the site was very
confusing so I gave up.

Now, Spydoctor periodically lists the stuff it has identified.
I go to My Computer, through the prompts, to documents and settings,
and Select and Delete everything.

My question: Does Deleting the stuff really get it off the computer?

Or where does it go?

I was quite willing to buy Spydoctor, but if this is doing it...?

Your input appreciated.

Aspasia
--

A king can stand people fighting but