Old June 25th 05, 02:59 AM
Gary C

"twobirds" wrote in message

****ed = Drunk
http://www3.telus.net/linguisticsiss...canvocabp.html
about half way down the page.

Now better educated here I sit. Thanks, I'll make use of this URL!

The real question was probably about the word "nymshifting". That word is
specific to usenet. If this were IRC, the name one uses would be their
"Nick". If this were the www, it would be one's "Screen Name". On
usenet,
it is one's "Nym". Nymshifting is the act of changing one's name or other
header details to avoid other people's kill filters (also known to most
people using unix based news readers such as PAN as the "Bozo Bin"). I
noticed the headers of the nymshifter before and made mention that
nymshifting is not a good thing.

There. That should clear it up.

Yes it does. Interesting.