Old September 29th 04, 04:50 PM
kony

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:13:50 +0200, "Erik"
wrote:

Well POV seems to do well. They use 1.6 nc ram.
My 6800Ultra runns great on 450\1200 with i modded bios, 1,5v (1,4 org)
Dont think you can go any higher without extreme cooling. Tried som benching
on 465\1250 but got a lower score so 450\1200 works best for me.

Idle temp on my 6800Ultra is 52C lidle, 80C full load. 13300 3dmark03 with
P4 3200@3500.

Yep, good points. Research of memory on specific runs of
card is important, as is extreme cooling OR benchmarks to
determine the max speed that can be used before
overheat-throttling kicks in. There may be a way to disable
throttling but IMO, that's a bad idea.

Mainly, don't get proprietary designed cards if you want to
later find hard-volt-mods for it, since some companies may
deviate from nVidia reference design and require individual
card reverse-engineering to volt-mod. Not a problem for
some people but a hurdle for others.