Old February 27th 04, 07:14 AM
Alex G

"Jupiter Jones" wrote in message news:_dW_b.40014$D_5.39412@edtnps84...
Alex;
Be sure to contact the credit card company to cancel the transaction.

I did, thanks. And thank goodness that I used AMEX for my purchase.
They promptly put the transaction aside for investigation, and told
me to *DEDUCT* the amount from my monthly bill.

I was very thankful to the customer support person ("Jill", from
a U.S. customer service center), because it felt so good to be
treated with courtesy and honesty, for a change.

I was warned that should DELL not cooperate with AMEX
on the investigation, AMEX will be forced to reinstate the charge
back to me.

I'm hoping that AMEX can resolve this draining experience.

Sorry for the ranting in my original posting, folks.

Next time, I'll buy a Gateway, or even a Sony VIAO. I heard decent
things about their service. It might be more expensive, but the
extra dollars savings is simply not worth it.