Old December 29th 07, 11:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Thomas Andersson

Default Fastest graphic card for Windows workstation use (2D, not gaming)

Luca Villa wrote:

Now I miss the final prove that I would not perceive this 2D speed
difference when I'm working with tens of standard Windows
applications/ windows. For example every time I unlock Windows I
currently have to wait 10-15 seconds for all the windows and icons to
be restored/ painted on the screen. My system has a Geforce 7300
card. I wonder if the graphic card can positively influence this
speed.

Then skip the expensive gfx card (That won't help here) and get more ram and
a faster CPU (That WILL help).